Go to the ATM, grab an umbrella and lace up you sneakers, because Montreal’s 2017 food truck season officially kicks off TODAY! Today, June 2nd come out to the First Friday’s Launch event at the l’Esplanade Financière Sun Life at the Olympic Stadium and check out some of the hottest food trucks int he city! The “First Fridays” food truck event happens every first Friday of each month during food truck season starting today and will run until October.
The First Fridays event has become the largest food truck gathering in Canada featuring a unrivalled 50 food trucks! This year the event space – l’Esplanade Financière Sun Life – has expanded to and will be boasting the BIGGEST TERRASSE in the city (with seating for over 2300!) Here’s everything you need to know.
Unlike some other major metropolitan cities in North America where food tucks have a free range of where to roam and set up shop, Montreal has designated spaces where food trucks are ale to operate. Here’s a map of where you can find some of your favourite food trucks this summer.
This year’s First Fridays events is in association with the 375 MTL festivities. A family zone for little ones and a stage where local talent will perform is on the program.
To help you food truckin’ this year, here are some tips to keep in mind if you’re chasing one down or attending the First Fridays event:
– Bring Cash. There are ATMs around but service fees suck.
– Be weather conscious. Bring an umbrella. Rain or shine, the show will go on (unless otherwise specified on the website or in case of a torrential downpour.) A little rain never hurt anyone. Also, as you know, our weather is unpredictable; a jacket is suggested for evening events early and late in the season.
– Prepare to wait. Some lineups for trucks are going to be ridiculously long and some will sellout guaranteed (as much as they try not to, but it will happen). Don’t get discouraged.
– Spread out. Work as a team. Go with a few people to try more food and designate who will line up where to buy what. Assign one to two people to hog up a picnic table or cop a squat somewhere on the grass.
– DON’T LITTER. There are tons of garbage cans and recycling bins on site. A clean space is a happy space.
The season is here… hope to see you there!
For more information and a full list of trucks and upcoming events, check out: http://cuisinederue.org
Cover image: https://www.facebook.com/cuisinederue/